Foundation Portfolio - Brief

For this element of my coursework, I will be producing the title sequence and the first two minutes of a full, feature-length film.  These opening minutes are an excellent opportunity to set the tone for the entire film.

At this stage I need to research a number of opening sequences from a wide range of genres so that I can asses the similarities and differences and make a list of the conventions found in opening sequences.

As I progress through this work, I will be recording each step along the way on my blog, to demonstrate my thought processes that have occurred during my research and planning.

This should provide an exhaustive backdrop to the final product that I produce, which will be influenced by the research which I have done.

Some of my favourite examples of opening scenes that I hope will influence my work, are the following:

Spectre


The Wolf of Wall Street 



The Fate of the Furious

Comments