Websites Used During My Research and Planning

Throughout my project, there were a number of websites I frequently visited to help with the research, planning and construction of my opening sequence.

Below

Linotype -  used for finding fonts, which were split into categories based on movie genres.


Dafont - used to find fonts. Even though they weren't split into genres, the fonts were free to download and there were thousands of options.


Imp Awards - a really useful website for researching and saving posters. This would prove even more useful for my Advanced Production where I have to analyse existing posters conventions before making my own.


IMDB - a great site for looking at cast and crew to use in my titles. Again, this site will be especially useful for my Advanced Production where I have to create an authentic billing block for my poster and the credits which will appear on my trailers.


YouTube - incredibly useful site for finding videos of opening sequences, which I needed to analyse to find out conventions. I was able to take the embed codes from the site and then place them in the html on Blogger, so that I could use videos to support my written work. I also used YouTube to find potential music I might want to use in my sequence.


Filmsite - a very useful site when I needed to conduct detailed research into the genre that my opening sequence would belong to.


Art of the Title - a useful site which helped me when I neededto conduct research and analyse existing film title sequences. It helped me gain a lot of good ideas about fonts and the ways in which titles can be presented in films.


BBFC - useful for helping me research the different film certificates.


Survey Monkey  - a crucial site which helped me with my focus groups and, particularly the questionnaires I created before and after completing my opening sequence.


Google Maps - helped me with my location recces.


Spotify - important for my music selection and choosing potential tracks. I was able to listen to a range of music from my chosen genre and create playlists of tracks I might want to use.


Prezi - this site was useful for the presentation of some of my evaluations.


Comments